HIKING IN AUSTRIA

Mia Kay Fitness 2016 ©

Whenever I'm on holiday, I try to stay active in some way. I find that the best way to enjoy a vacation is to take your exercise to the outdoors, whether that's snorkelling in the sea or hiking up a mountain. 

Last week I went to Innsbruck in Austria and experienced staying in a tent for the first time. While that might not be everyone's cup of tea, I have to say the views from the campsite was just amazing!  It was an experience I could gladly look back on. 

I have to say being a creature of habit I was wishing I could take my gym with me but when I got there and saw how picturesque the place was that thought disappeared.  Giving up a couple of days in the gym didn't matter. What mattered was to make most out of my holiday and to enjoy it so yes I didn't lift a bunch of weights while I was there but I did go on a full day's hike which I enjoyed and saw one of the most beautiful scenic views I've ever seen which I will never forget! It's easy to get caught up with a exercise regime for frequent gym goes and at the same time it can be hard for some to keep consistent with their workouts but at the end of the day what I've realised is:

Enjoy life. See the world around you.

Mia Kay Fitness 2016 ©
Yes you can take your workout outdoors but no you don't have to go all out 100 miles an hour all the time. Likewise, it may take baby steps for you to get going in the gym but if you're making progress and you're slowly moving towards your goal, give yourself a pat on the back and don't defeat yourself. 

Mia Kay Fitness 2016 ©

Do the exercise you love. If you like hiking, then go do that. Find a mountain to climb whilst on your holiday. If you love yoga, good on you. Get yourself a beach towel if you're on a beach holiday. Working out doesn't simply have to be in the gym!

Check out my video below to see the views from the Austrian Alps.
Give me shout if you decide to go ;)


No comments